Spikenard, a flowering plant of the Valerian family, is native to high altitudes in the sub-alpine
and alpine regions of the Himalayan mountains.
Spikenard essential oil is steam distilled from the roots of the plant and has been valued for centuries,
traditionally used to anoint people of high honor and in the Ayurvedic health practices of India.
Historically, Spikenard oil was used to uplift mood and promote relaxation.
Spikenard essential oil promotes clean, healthy skin.
Today, Spikenard oil is commonly used in perfumes and massage oils for its woody, musty scent.
By sourcing Spikenard oil from Nepal, doTERRA is able to support
much needed income streams for harvesters and partner distillers,
particularly in the remote areas where it is harvested,
as well as support needed rural community development projects through our Co-Impact Sourcing® initiatives.
- Uplifting and tranquil aroma
- Known to create a grounding environment
- Purifying to the skin
- Diffuse or apply one to two drops of Spikenard oil to the back of neck or to temples.
- Create a personalized fragrance by combining Spikenard essential oil with Clove, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Myrrh, Wild Orange, Rose, and Vetiver.
- Combine with a hydrating cream to soften and smooth skin.
- Add one to two drops to your favorite cleanser or anti-aging product to promote healthy, glowing skin.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity.
Keep out of reach of children.
If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.